Traveling Finish Carpenter
Position Description: We are seeking finish carpenters experienced in architectural millwork and retail casework installation, that are willing to travel.
- Installation of:
- trimwork: wood base, casing and crown molding
- die walls
- wall paneling
- architectural metals
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Coordinate with customer’s superintendent on a daily basis
- Must be able to travel for 3 weeks at a time
Experience/Carpentry Technical Skills Required:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required
- Experience with new construction and/or remodels for nationwide big box retailers/general contractors preferred, but not required
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with commercial/retail settings preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift heavy objects including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the retail site or other commercial project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Forklift and/or scissor lift experience preferred
- Valid state driver’s license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
- Advancement opportunities exist including: superintendent, as well as other supervisory roles. Employee advancement is based on strong work ethic and proven ability to make sound decisions.